- Box Office
Sense and Sensibility
By Kate Hamill
Based on the novel by Jane Austen
Directed by Keith Digby and Cynthia Pronick
February 28 – March 17
Auditions: Saturday, December 9 and Sunday, December 10 at 1:00 p.m.
Callbacks: Wednesday, December 13 at 6:00 p.m.
In the Rehearsal Room
Sense and Sensibility is set in England in the 1790s when gossip was the lifeblood and stricture of society, and reputations were created and destroyed by that gossip. While the text of the play is true to Jane Austen’s original story, the playing of it is a lively romp! Actors will form part of the set and furniture pieces, and move other characters out of one scene and into the next. The roles of Mrs. Jennings and Lady Middleton may be performed by men.
Cast requirements (flexible):
- 5 Women aged 15-70
- 5 Men aged 25-70
- English accents are required and will be refined during rehearsals.
- With the exception of Elinor (sensible) and Marianne (sensitive) Dashwood, all actors can expect to play at least two characters.
The audition process: It is not necessary to prepare a particular piece, but please be familiar with the script. Dress comfortably and be prepared to explore and play!
Actors must be prepared to:
- show versatility in switching between characters
- creatively interpret ideas
- work as a member of an energetic ensemble